Ministry of Coal
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
The Ministry of Coal has the overall responsibility of determining policies and strategies in respect of exploration and development of coal and lignite reserves, sanctioning of important projects of high value and for deciding all related issues.
Under the administrative control of the Ministry, these key functions are exercised through the Public Sector Undertakings, namely, Coal India Ltd. and its subsidiaries and Neyveli Lignite corporation Limited. Other than Coal India Ltd.
SHAKTI (SCHEME FOR HARNESSING AND ALLOCATING KOYALA TRANSPARENTLY IN INDIA)
- To alleviate one key challenge in power sector i.e. lack of coal linkage.
- To provide affordable power, access to coal and accountability in the allocation of coal.
- Power companies (assured coal supply)
- Consumers (reduced cost of power)
- Indigenous Coal Sector (reduction in imported coal)
- Banking Sector (reduced NPAs)
- It is a transformational policy for auction and allotment of coal linkages.
- This policy will award fuel supply agreements (FSA) to coal plants already holding letters of assurance (LoAs).
- Coal linkages would be allocated to state-owned power distribution companies (Discoms).
- These, in turn, would assign linkages to state or central power generation companies via allocation, and Private units through auction.
- The independent power producers (IPPs) participating in the auction will bid for discounts on the existing tariff and this would be adjusted from the gross coal bills.
COAL PROJECT MONITORING PORTAL (e-CPMP)
- to fast track infrastructure investment stalled projects related to Coal Ministry.
- This system has been designed in such a way that it will enhance the efficiency, bring transparency, boost the investor confidence, revive the investment cycle, eliminate the human interaction, and improve the communication between industries to Ministry of Coal (B2G), States to Ministry of Coal (G2G), or vice versa.
- It provides transparency and efficiency in the working environment, minimizes the processing delay, helps in timely disposal of important issues, enables one to work from anywhere, anytime, leads to a paperless working and provides ease and flexibility in the retrieval of various reports.
OTHER SCHEMES BY MINISTRY OF COAL
Objectives & Features
Coal Mine Surveillance and Management System
UTTAM (Unlocking Transparency By Third Party
To learn about Government Schemes and Programs related to other Ministries, Click Here.